We are looking to recruit a self-employed on a casual basis for 6 days a month for a Federation of Entertainment Unions’ (FEU) skills development project.
This contract is running until March 31, 2012. This project aims to create and deliver blended-learning opportunities (focused on business skills) for multi-union freelancers in the creative industries (for more info: www.feutraining.org).
The unions involved are the National Union of Journalists, Equity, the Musicians’ Union and the Writers’ Guild.
Contracted Title : Freelance project administrator
Days per Month: 6
Project Remuneration : The daily rate is £208.33 per day (15,000/12 = £1250/6 = £208.33)
Location: NUJ, Gray’s Inn Road, London
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
The project administrator will report to the project manager and NUJ training and education organiser. The role entails:
- Administration of a variety of project data.
- Course and venue organisation and booking.
- Project support on a number of activities written, verbal and face-to-face communication with the project team and participants, updating the project website and providing information, advice and guidance
- Course facilitation.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This position is suitable for a freelance individual available until March 31, 2012. The successful applicant will need to be:
- Computer literate including the use of Excel, Word, Internet and website.
- Flexible, e.g., the project may vary
- Available to travel within the UK
- A team player with a positive attitude – who is happy to roll up their sleeves if a job needs doing to get the best results.
- An adept communicator – both face-to-face and via other media
- It is desirable (not essential) if the applicant has experience in education and training development and delivery.
- It is desirable (not essential) to have experience at project work.
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by June 10 (subject matter: project administrator application).
Applications received after June 12 will not be considered.
Interviews will take place at the NUJ on June 23rd.