Reserve your place today.
Freelance Forum is a regular one day event designed to keep freelance journalists up to date with the latest developments in their industry. Aimed at writers, photographers and PR practitioners, and hoping to cover print, broadcast and online media, it is organised by Dublin Freelance NUJ branch with support from the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland.
And don’t forget to check out the Freelance Forum Podcast Series, with new episodes released monthly. Available on the podcatcher app of your choice.
Time: 10.00AM – 4.30PM
Date: Monday 3 April 2023
Venue: Grangegorman East Quad building,
Technological University of Dublin, Grangegorman, Dublin 7
The programme of events is available here [Forum Programme]. Keep an eye on this page as we hope to add extra guests closer to the date.
- Opening Address by Susan McKay, Press Ombudsman.
- Neart Le Chéile: Co-operatives for journalists, with Dr Bridget Carroll, Centre for Co-operative Studies, UCC, Darragh Walshe, ICOS, Ciarán Murray, Near FM, and Berni Dwan, freelance journalist.
- Mind Yourself: Mental Health and Freelance Journalism, Dr Shubhangi Karmakar, academic and hospital doctor, Áine O’Meara, Headline programme leader, and Kieran Fagan, freelance journalist.
- FOI: Information Wants to be Free? with Richard Dowling, RTÉ, Niall Sargent, The Journal/Noteworthy, and Robert Dunne, freelance journalist.
- Pitching to the Popular Press, with Eddie Coffey, Editor, Irish Daily Mail, David Coughlan, Sports Editor, Irish Daily Star, and Stephanie Costello, freelance journalist.
Attendance at the Forum is €5 for NUJ members, and €10 for non members.
If you have any queries or would like to arrange a block booking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme of events is available here [Forum Programme].