Freelance Forum Autumn 2022 is coming soon. And in a change from usual practice, the Forum will this time take place on a Saturday. Mark your diary now, and reserve your place below for Freelance Forum Autumn 2022 on Saturday 1st October. Reserve your place today.
The Autumn 2022 Series will consist of a one-day in person event at Technological University of Dublin, and a series of accompanying podcasts covering topics of relevance to freelance journalists and students. FFP2 masks and hand gel will also be provided.
Freelance Forum is a regular one day event designed to keep freelance journalists up to date with the latest developments in their industry. Aimed at writers, photographers and PR practitioners, and hoping to cover print, broadcast and online media, it is organised by Dublin Freelance NUJ branch with support from the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland.
Time: 10.00AM – 4.30PM
Date: Saturday 1 October 2022
Venue: Grangegorman East Quad building,
Technological University of Dublin, Grangegorman, Dublin 7
The programme of events is available here [Forum Programme]. Keep an eye on this page as we hope to add extra guests closer to the date.
- Opening Address by Fionnuala Croker, European Parliament Liaison Office in Ireland.
- Is Investigative Journalism Worth The Effort? with Maria Delaney, Noteworthy editor, Conall Ó Fátharta, journalist and Lecturer in News and Investigative Journalism, Roman Shortall, investigative journalist, The Ditch, and Fiona Kenny.
- Open Source Intelligence Techniques in Journalism, with Robert Dunne, freelance journalist.
- The present and future of for freelancing, with Eoghan McNeill, editor, The Ditch, and Stephanie Costello, freelance journalist.
- Sound and Vision and Text: More than just Text, with Liam Boyle, Broadcasting Authority of Ireland on SoundVision, and Donal O’Donovan, Business editor at the Irish Independent on commissioning.
Attendance at the Forum is €5 for NUJ members, and €10 for non members.
If you have any queries or would like to arrange a block booking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme of events is available here [Forum Programme].