Due to the developing Covid-19 Coronavirus situation, a decision has been taken to postpone the Freelance Forum. An update will be issued once a new schedule has bene prepared.
The next Freelance Forum will take place on Monday 23 March 2020. Reserve your place today.
Freelance Forum is a regular one day event designed to keep freelance journalists up to date with the latest developments in their industry. Aimed at writers, photographers and PR practitioners, and hoping to cover print, broadcast and online media, it is organised by Dublin Freelance NUJ branch with support from the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland.
Time: 10.00AM – 4.30PM
Date: Monday 23 March 2020
Venue: Buswells Hotel, Molesworth Street, Dublin 2
The programme of events is available here [Forum Programme]. Keep an eye on this page as we hope to add extra guests closer to the date.
- Opening Address by Mairead McGuinness MEP, First Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Rory Byrne, Founder, Security First and Philip O’Connor, journalist covering recent trends in digital and physical threats facing freelance journalists and media organisations.
- Commissioning Editors: What they want in a pitch, with Emmet Ryan, Editor, Connected Magazine, Business Post, and Brian Carey, Business Editor, Sunday Times.
- Moving Into Radio with Mary Carroll, Senior Producer, the Last Word/Today FM, Sarah Binchy, Producer, RTÉ and Pat O’Mahony, freelance journalist and proiducer.
- A Do It Yourself Guide to Tax Returns with freelance journalist Barry McCall.
Attendance at the Forum is €10 for NUJ members, and €20 for non members.
If you have any queries or would like to arrange a block booking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.