Family Law Seminar: Recently there have been major and far reaching changes in the way family law matters can be reported in Ireland – with the courts allowing access to reporters under certain restrictions.
The NUJ and the Courts Service are jointly hosting a seminar on family law reporting for NUJ members from across the country on Saturday 5th April 2014 at 11.00 a.m.
A keynote address will be given by Her Honour Judge Rosemary Horgan, President of the District Court, who will outline;
- the new in camera laws on family and childcare court reporting,
- address the issue of reporting guidelines, and answer the question
- “What is a bone fide reporter?” – as the law requires that those present to report be in this category.
Other speakers include:
- Dr Carol Coulter, Director of the Childcare reporting project, who will outline her extensive experience at reporting family and childcare cases for newspapers – under two separate projects.
- Gerry Curran M.A. – Media Relations Advisor, the Courts Service/NUJ Cathaoirleach – who will provide an overview and up to date statistics – regarding all aspects of family law in Ireland
To Register online click on link below and use the password: dolphin.