Freelance Forum needs your help.
In the past few years, the Freelance Forum, an annual training day organised by Dublin Freelance NUJ branch, has covered the following areas:
- The business of freelancing, from time management to credit control
- Using blogs and other online tools to promote your profile
- Taxation, from VAT to income tax returns for the self-employed
- Online networking
- Radio and TV commissions
- Book publishing, both print and e-publishing
- Hyperlocals and online publications
- Copyright and how it affects freelances
In addition, the Forum had as a regular feature invited commissioning editors to come along and outline what they are looking for in a pitch, and which ideas work for their outlets.
The branch is now planning for the new year, and hopes to run two forums this year, one in April and one in October. But first, we need your input. So drop up as a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas you may have for suggested topics of speakers, or leave a comment below. The Forum is for freelancers, and needs freelance feedback.